Just a few quick notes about today’s happenings.
- Ronny Cedeno goes on the 7 day concussion DL
- Pedro Ciriaco is recalled for the 3rd time, this time to replace Cedeno
- Tim Wood was demoted to the minors
- Brad Lincoln was recalled to start game 2 of the double header
- Chris Leroux will likely be recalled tomorrow and take Lincoln’s spot on the roster
Now on to the games:
- With the first game being TV only I obviously did not see any of it but it sounded like the Pirates played well in the 5-3 win.
- In the second game Lincoln had some control issues but kept everything under control and had a good outing.
- Things were going rather smoothly but then Resop and Watson decided to start pitching erraticly, even with that the Pirates had chances to escape the inning but Fryer forgot how to play defense
- Overall a 1-1 double header split was to be expected.
- For this series against the Nats and the next 3 I set a goal of 8 wins for the Pirates. In that prediction I included a 2-2 split with the Nats so as long as they win tomorrow they stay on course
Now about this Ciriaco promotion I have to wonder why him? d’Arnaud and Wood can man the SS position so Ciriaco isn’t needed there. Also Hague has clearly shown himself ready and can play 1B or 3B, both positions we could use an upgrade at. I know he isn’t on the 40 man roster but that could be fixed by just cutting some of the fat off of the roster or by simply transfering Pearce to the 60 day DL. Pearce has just started running and is highly unlikely to be back within 60 days.